(no subject)

From: Ioannis Psaras (ipsaras_at_ee.duth.gr)
Date: 11/25/03

    To: redhat-list@redhat.com
    Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:12:53 +0200

    Hello everybody,

    I've got a little problem.Here is what:

    I needed to change my PATH in the /etc/profile in order to run an application
    every time i logon as a user.Instead of giving the right path i gave a wrong
    one.For example in stead of writting:

    PATH=$PATH:/john/local/.....

    i wrote:

    PATH=$PATH:/root/john/local/.....

    At that time was a root.

    As a result i can not login either as a user or as root.When i try to logon on a
    failsafe session it gives me a message and the logon screen comes up again.

    On the logon screen i tried <Ctrl>+<Alt>+F1 to log on as a user.From that
    position i tried to run the vi editor in order to give the right path, but
    vi: command not found.

    I use RHL9.Does anybody know how can i edit in the /etc/profile??

    Thanks,
     John

    • Re: Unable to allocate space in segment file
      ... the below command, but I got the below error. ... You probably should #LOGOFF/SEGRELEASE/ and then LOGON) ... I also forgot to said the output file is big enough to contain the ... Your output file is probably an Edit file. ...
      (comp.sys.tandem)
    • Re: Bad Command in TSO logon panel
      ... As Barry Schwarz' response has already correctly implied, the TSO logon command is not stored in the users profile data set but in the COMMAND field of the TSO segment of the user's RACF user profile, so changing the user's ISPF profile dataset will have no effect. ...
      (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
    • Re: no access to nearby PC (XP) ???
      ... You are now at the Command Prompt. ... To gain access to the WinXP shares, make sure that your Win2000 logon name & ... I probably replied with "j" on both the XP and the Win2k system ... How do I "create a username/password" on my XP system to allow my ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
    • Re: Second DC cannot authenticate to other DC
      ... Disconnect any mapped drives that might already exist between the two DCs ... If it still fails to connect open the command ... > the SBS domain controller results in a logon prompt. ...
    • RE: VPN & Mapped Network drives
      ... Hi Desco, thanks for responding to this issue. ... Please accept I'm just a normal user, ... you is that I just type the servername in the command box. ... >> relevant server name, I get a logon screen, and then after I type the ...