Slow realplayer stream on linux

From: aT (atif_at_bayt.com)
Date: 11/27/03

    To: "'redhat-list@redhat.com'" <redhat-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 13:29:25 +0400

    Hi ,
    I compared Real player stream on windows and my redhat 9 ,
    using mozila on both platforms , realplayer (8.0.3.412) stream on Linux was
    very low ,
    i used on both OS, same connection speed , and on RH 9 , the same connection
    could not show me the video properly at all , I could hear the audio in the
    video clip that i was watching ( gamespot video game review ) . and there
    were very slow video frame updates

    any reason why stream is slow on linux ?

    --

    Syed Atif Ali
    Desk: 971 4 3911914

    • Re: webcam innerds
      ... Video is just a stream, most data comes as streams, I even use the same system ... An important aspect for security cams can be the low light performance. ... and avoid video for Linux, it is somewhere on my site, find it via ...
      (sci.electronics.design)
    • Re: sound drivers
      ... > to be a novice's question, but I am a newbie to linux, compared to ... > the video and audio drivers for my friends PC. ... > drivers of Redhat 9.0 on my friend's PC, ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: VMR Mixing Mode and Seeking Problem
      ... decoder's output pin, and called SetStreamActiveState*before* ... passing BeginFlush downstream to the VMR. ... the VMR connected to the 2nd video stream has ...
    • Re: Testing the Dealextreme ET411 GPS module
      ... OTOH, *video* just requires the ... It is basically a data stream holding bitmaps. ... so it could also do DVD. ... I constructed a simple picture manipulation language 'PPML', ...
      (sci.electronics.design)
    • Re: Digital Signage, Multimedia Steaming etc.
      ... A full featured video editing software is a major undertaking imo. ... However if you need to stream different video streams to each client, ... simultanious clients is no small task. ... 4.There will be 5-10 distribution servers. ...