Re: Can't Upgrade to RH9: Doesn't see previous installation.

From: Edward Dekkers (edward_at_tripled.iinet.net.au)
Date: 01/13/04

    To: redhat-list@redhat.com
    Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 07:33:56 +0800

    Blah Blah Lounge wrote:

    > I'm trying to upgrade my RH 7.2 system to RH9. When I run the
    > installation program from the CDROM, I see a message that the install
    > program is searching for a previous installation.
    >
    > However, after it does the search, I am only presented w/ installation
    > choices for "clean" installations. The install program does not detect
    > my previous installation.
    >
    > Adaptec SCSI controller, Quantum SCSI disk, my /boot partition is on
    > /dev/sda1, the root partition is on /dev/sda2. Pretty standard stuff...
    >
    > Any clues how I fix this?
    >
    > TIA.

    The SCSI controller may not be installed at the time of installation.
    Find out which card it is. For example, if it is an AHA1542, you may be
    able to switch to another console during installation, and use 'modprobe
      aha154x' at the command line.

    regards,
    ed

    • Re: Unanswered Question Asked By Many
      ... >>> this problem only presents itself while using a dialup internet ... >>> Norton CleanSweep monitored the installation and I used CleanSweep to ... along with hand searching to ensure that all ... >>> Microsoft IM load on boot, I did check out my DirectX. ...
    • Re: Problem getting to firmware in 7043-150
      ... they really had in common were the basic commands such as vi and ls. ... New and Complete Overwrite Installation - Step 2 Boot from the AIX ... Searching IBMs various documentation sites ... or searching on the IBM site for AIX and going to the product homepage? ...
      (comp.unix.aix)
    • Cant Upgrade to RH9: Doesnt see previous installation.
      ... installation program from the CDROM, I see a message that the install ... program is searching for a previous installation. ... Blah Blah is here to save you. ... "Blah Blah Lounge feels like an oasis of downtown Manhattan chic in Park Slope. ...
      (RedHat)
    • Stop Message 0x0000008E ... and a really messed up computer.
      ... I've been searching and searching through countless sites all over the ... internet talking about this same stop message but nothing has really applied ... I continued getting error messages about winlogon not working properly and ... wouldn't even finish the installation. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
    • Re: Install kernel 2.6.11.12 in Ubuntu
      ... because I didn't find mkinitrd for Ubuntu ... Searching for GRUB installation directory ... ... Finding valid ramdisk creators. ...
      (Ubuntu)