Re: Strange

From: Jeff (jeff_at_virgin.net)
Date: 01/28/04

    To: redhat-list@redhat.com
    Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 16:01:10 -0000

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:37:39 +0100, Leo <champen@terra.es> wrote:

    > I connected to another computer via ssh and ran redhat-config-services.
    >
    > The configurator then executed in the local machine.
    >
    > Is this normal?

    Yeah, its normal - when you run it it sends all the data (including the
    GUI) to your X server. You can also get hold of X servers for windows so
    you can run your linux apps under windows.

    HTH
    Jeff

    • Re: Absolutely no php knowledge
      ... Will the coding and/or command structure used for building anything in php ... or using Apache be similar to what I would find on a unix base server? ... The local machine would be for nothing other ... that I've learned on my local Windows based "test ground" and apply it ...
      (alt.php)
    • Add network printer from server running x64 Version
      ... My first Windows 2003 Standard version server has setup a printer called PP1. ... It can print normally from the local machine and it can be shared. ... If you want to search for proper driver, ...
    • Re: CoInitializeSecurity returns RPC_E_TOO_LATE
      ... works on my local machine as a service which is XP. ... fails is Windows 2000 server sp4. ... It works correctly on Windows 2003. ... >> Run calls PreMessageLoop first thing ...
      (microsoft.public.vc.atl)
    • Re: Exchange, remote desktop, PDA fundamentals
      ... and sync with Exchange server using desktop passthrough. ... way you don't have to install outlook on local machine. ... > operational Windows Small Business Server 2003 mainly for Exchange. ...
      (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
    • ASP.NET Error in instancing a COM+ object.
      ... my local machine (Windows XP) that is referencing a COM+ ... object that is running on an application server. ...