RE: Mail not sending

From: Christian Campbell (ccampbell_at_brueggers.com)
Date: 02/02/04

    To: "'redhat-list@redhat.com'" <redhat-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 13:28:58 -0500

    > > I'm trying to send mail from my RH8.0 box.The server I am
    > sending to is on
    > > my LAN. I've run tcpdump on the box that is sending the
    > mail, and I can't
    > > see that's it's making any attempt to send any mail. I can
    > telnet to the
    > > mail server on port 25 with no problem (and can see that through
    > > tcpdump).
    > >
    > > Any thoughts?
    >
    > Even if the mail server is accepting, perhaps the mail client is not
    > sending. Make sure you can send out from the client box
    > first. Check the
    > maillog of client first, then server. And also try using
    > sendmail -v from
    > the command line to see what it's saying
    > # /usr/lib/sendmail -v address
    > Subject: test
    > To: address
    >
    > testing

    # sendmail -v -s "Test Message" ccampbell@mail.brueggers.com
    This is a test

    ccampbell@mail.brueggers.com,Test,Message... Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via
    relay...
    ccampbell@mail.brueggers.com,Test,Message... Deferred: Connection refused by
    [127.0.0.1]

    • RE: Mail not sending
      ... >> Even if the mail server is accepting, perhaps the mail client is not ... Make sure you can send out from the client box ... >> maillog of client first, ... See if you can telnet to ...
      (RedHat)
    • RE: Mail not sending
      ... I've run tcpdump on the box that is sending the mail, ... Even if the mail server is accepting, perhaps the mail client is not ... Make sure you can send out from the client box first. ... maillog of client first, then server. ...
      (RedHat)
    • nat issue
      ... tcpdump: verbose output suppressed, use -v or -vv for full protocol decode ... PTR? ... I'm running bind on the fw/gw machine as well, so that is why the client ...
      (freebsd-net)
    • Re: FreeBSD 4.x and OS-X tcp performance
      ... It's a tcpdump of both hosts transferring a 1MB tarfile. ... Client 192.168.0.40 is uploading one file of about 1.6MB to ... server home.manymonkeys.com. ...
      (freebsd-net)
    • Re: FreeBSD 4.x and OS-X tcp performance
      ... tcpdump.osx-fbsd - tcpdump ran on os-x box while transferring to FBSD ... > see the client sending payload and the server acknowledging it. ...
      (freebsd-net)