RE: kernel wont boot

From: Hamilton Andrew (
Date: 02/04/04

    Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:19:35 -0500

    For your grub.conf file look in /boot/grub. Just do an 'ls' of the /boot
    directory to get that. Have you tried reinstalling the new kernel? You may
    give that a shot. I sometimes have things that don't install and it's
    usually because I've modified the configuration. You've stated that you
    haven't messed with anything and I believe you. It could be that something
    you've installed has modified a configuration file and that is preventing it
    from doing a complete install. Usually rpm complains so you know. Seems a
    bit far fetched but still possible, I guess. The exact message would be
    helpful along with the other information. You'll definitely want to get the
    latest kernel for security reasons, especially for a mail server.