glibc patch 2.1 for RH 6.0 equiv for AS 2.1

From: a s p a s i a (
Date: 02/10/04

    To: <>
    Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:38:04 -0800 (PST)

    Hello all,

    Excuse for possibly being naive here, however,
    I need to install and configure the following:

    - Oracle
    - on AS 2.1 e.27

    This is for a SAP environment - just a test bed;
    I have to install on AS 2.1 bec. it is our group

    In the install docs - seems like Oracle
    requires glibc patch 2.1 and some RPMs associated
    with it such as:

    But these seem to be rpms compiled for RS 6 or 7;
    question is what glibc/rpms would be appropriate
    for RS 2.1 so that it contains backward compatibility
    to the required ones by Oracle to run

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    a s p a s i a

    redhat-list mailing list