glibc patch 2.1 for RH 6.0 equiv for AS 2.1

From: a s p a s i a (aspasia_at_pair.com)
Date: 02/10/04

    To: <redhat-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:38:04 -0800 (PST)

    Hello all,

    Excuse for possibly being naive here, however,
    I need to install and configure the following:

    - Oracle 8.0.6.1
    - on AS 2.1 e.27

    This is for a SAP environment - just a test bed;
    I have to install on AS 2.1 bec. it is our group
    standard.

    In the install docs - seems like Oracle 8.0.6.1
    requires glibc patch 2.1 and some RPMs associated
    with it such as:

    compat-binutils-5.2-2.9.1.0.23.1.i386.rpm
    compat-egcs-5.2-1.0.3a.1.i386.rpm
    compat-egcs-c++-5.2-1.0.3a.1.i386.rpm
    compat-glibc-5.2-2.0.7.1.i386.rpm
    compat-libs-5.2-1.i386.rpm

    But these seem to be rpms compiled for RS 6 or 7;
    question is what glibc/rpms would be appropriate
    for RS 2.1 so that it contains backward compatibility
    to the required ones by Oracle to run 8.0.6.1?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    a s p a s i a
    .. . . . . . .

    • Re: Adding RAM
      ... About Oracle, I currently use Mysql for my TM databases but I have been ... Limited to a 4GB database but that should be adequate ... The rpm is easy to install and you get a nice tutorial to ... Here's the link to the Oracle-10g + Compiere installation on SuSE ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: Upgrade 8i to 9i --- multiple oracle_base !!!!!!
      ... > it's own system owning account. ... > 1) Install one copy of the latest version of SQL-Backtrack into its own ... completely separate from any Oracle directories. ... > 2) Shutdown and cold backup both databases. ...
      (comp.databases.oracle.server)
    • RE: DBD::Oracle on Oracle 11g 64 bit fedora 10
      ... I am having some worries with a new install of fedora 10. ... I also installed oracle 11.1.0.7. ... Napier University is a registered Scottish charity. ... Edinburgh Napier University is a registered Scottish charity. ...
      (perl.dbi.users)
    • RE: :Oracle install problem On Solaris 8
      ... I tried to reinstall the Oracle client. ... To: Hemanth Kumar; Michael Nhan ... Subject: RE::Oracle install problem On Solaris 8 ...
      (perl.dbi.users)
    • RE: Problems to Install Oracle Client 10g over Red Hat AS 3.0update3
      ... Oracle 10g R1 DB go out of memory once in a while goes for a toss till it ... "General Red Hat Linux discussion list" ... Problems to Install Oracle Client 10g over Red Hat AS 3.0update3 ...
      (RedHat)