redhat distribution on cd

From: Jon Fraley (jfraley_at_glenraven.com)
Date: 02/12/04

    To: redhat-list@redhat.com
    Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:41:04 -0500

    I am trying to create a cd version of redhat for disaster recovery. I
    however can not get the cd to boot. I am using the technique described
    in the Linux Journal Dec. 2003 (Creating a Complete Distribution on
    CD). I was wondering if anyone has done this or can offer any help. I
    keep getting the following at boot:

    hdc: drive not present
    cannot open root device hdc please append a correct root=boot option

    Thanks for your help.

    Jon

    • RE: GRUB removed from MBR
      ... It would appear that on May 13, Rudolf Ladyzhenskii did say: ... > Boot from RedHat CD, ... I don't know what "antivirus software restored the MBR after installation" ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: Detecting CDROM drive from FreeDOS boot floppy
      ... called smart boot manager and something else. ... I can't simply put the Fedora 2 installation CD in the drive and boot it ... know from experience that trying to install an upgrade of RedHat 7.1 ... CD for RH 7.1 or better that I can download for free. ...
      (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc)
    • RE: fsck allways fails after unclean shutdown on redhat 9 - help!
      ... And I have to build special boot floppy for redhat with ext3 then? ... My systems always have ext3 on root partition. ... > as the file .journal in the root directory of the file system. ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: Grub2 - an object lesson in design and documentation.
      ... based AA1 netbook boots from the grub2 prompt to the XDM login in ... Yes, and if it's up to RedHat, then it's going to get even worse. ... is a rumor - but I do stress that it's only a rumor - that GNOME will ... boot times are completely irrelevant on systems which never ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Please Help... (RH 7.3 + Win2k) Terrible Experience
      ... interested in Redhat Linux, so i bought a new hard drive and installed ... I setup a dual boot and Grub was the boot loader. ... installation of redhat 7.3 was successful also. ... The boot loader Grub was still ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)