Remote Desktop and Windows XP...

From: Paul Swanson (paul_at_procursa.com)
Date: 02/16/04

    To: redhat-list@redhat.com
    Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 12:58:57 +1000 (EST)

    Help please!

    I have 2 PC's networked. One with Windows Xp Pro and the other with redhat
    Linux 9 (Kernel 2.4.23). The redhat Remote Desktop connects to my XP box
    via Terminal Services and works great ... EXCEPT ...

    I'm unable to change the viewed screen res / colors on the XP box. I'm
    stuck with 8 bit colors @ 640x480-800x600.

    Regardless of what I set it to in the Remote Desktop client it makes no
    effect on the results. The XP machine won't let me change the res during
    the session either.

    Thanks!

    Paul S.

    • Re: Contents of redhat-list digest...
      ... limiting CPU access per user ... Old Version of kermit Source Code ... handle kernel NULL pointer ... barcode reader, from TRU-64 to Redhat. ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: RedHat 10 wishlist
      ... But performance is not everything SATA ... the smaller form factor drives. ... > kernel, ... >> REdhat is to wrap more stuff into its coming workstation release that I ...
      (alt.os.linux.redhat)
    • Re: difficulty recompiling RHEL 4.2 kernel
      ... RHEL 4.2 specialized for scientific apps by Fermilab, CERN, and several ... Linux managers at Fermilab say my earlier problems were in parts of the ... You would hardly expect RedHat to do something about a rewritten version. ... You recompile your kernel only if you have narrowed down the error to the ...
      (comp.os.linux.setup)
    • RE: wuftpd problems (Juda Masamy) (Sorin Srbu)
      ... I think my fc6 redhat is 32bit, is it the reason why I cant compile wu-ftpd as 64bit? ... How to upgrade the kernel ... Re: Support Level ...
      (RedHat)
    • RedHat 10 wishlist
      ... I strongly urge RedHat to reconsider the methods required to manage kernel ... available from the installation CDs. ... This would make RedHat Linux far more attractive to ...
      (linux.redhat)