Re: Mirror with Rsync,

From: Rodolfo J. Paiz (rpaiz_at_simpaticus.com)
Date: 02/17/04

    To: redhat-list@redhat.com
    Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:37:59 -0600

    At 07:39 2/16/2004, you wrote:
    >I never use rsync via FTP itself ( I only use it via SSH). But check the
    >manual.

    Rsync does not do FTP, IIRC. However, it does have a daemon mode which is
    what Red Hat and others use. For private use, using the "-e ssh" option for
    a secure data transfer is, as far as I am concerned, the only sane thing to
    do. I've gone so far as to alias "rsync" to "rsync -ave ssh" so that is my
    default command. I type in the full path (to get the actual command) on the
    rare occasion when I want a plain rsync session from a public server.

    --
    Rodolfo J. Paiz
    rpaiz@simpaticus.com

    • How can I restrict incoming root rsync over ssh to specified command?
      ... will use rsync over ssh to pull certain directories from the ssh ... Here's an example of the command, ... Even with the server locked up in a room with no user ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: supplying password to subprocess.call(rsync ...), os.system(rsync ...)
      ... I want to write a python script that runs rsync on a given directory ... I build the command line string, but when I try to run ... I can't ssh w/o supplying a password. ... If you use ssh public keys, you can also setup the public key so that ...
      (comp.lang.python)
    • Re: rsync and ssh simple question
      ... possible to tie an SSH key to a specific command on a remote server, ... For instance, when you run rsync over ssh, the local rsync command ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: Backup?
      ... Zur Verfügung stehen FTP, SSH, SCP und RSYNC. ... Es geht auch mit SSH oder SCP. ... welche Daten bereits per FTP übertragen wurden? ...
      (de.comp.os.unix.linux.misc)
    • Re: Rsync problem - still unsolved
      ... not an ssh problem rather than an rsync problem. ... debug: client supports 1 auth methods: 'keyboard-interactive' ... Using keyboard-interactive authentication. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)