Re: Mirror with Rsync,

From: Rodolfo J. Paiz (rpaiz_at_simpaticus.com)
Date: 02/17/04

    To: redhat-list@redhat.com
    Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:37:59 -0600

    At 07:39 2/16/2004, you wrote:
    >I never use rsync via FTP itself ( I only use it via SSH). But check the
    >manual.

    Rsync does not do FTP, IIRC. However, it does have a daemon mode which is
    what Red Hat and others use. For private use, using the "-e ssh" option for
    a secure data transfer is, as far as I am concerned, the only sane thing to
    do. I've gone so far as to alias "rsync" to "rsync -ave ssh" so that is my
    default command. I type in the full path (to get the actual command) on the
    rare occasion when I want a plain rsync session from a public server.

    --
    Rodolfo J. Paiz
    rpaiz@simpaticus.com