RE: How to get RPMs without up2date?

From: Hamilton Andrew (Andrew.Hamilton_at_afccc.af.mil)
Date: 02/20/04

    To: redhat-list@redhat.com
    Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:33:50 -0500

    Bob,

    This solution may or may not work for you depending on what you want to do,
    but it may give you some other ideas. I do something like this because I
    have servers that don't ever connect to the internet and they have to
    updated as well.

    I have up2date configured to save the rpms after the install, I do an
    up2date -u via a cronjob, which works just fine. I then have the job move
    the newly installed rpms into a repository that is then transferred into my
    interior nework. I then have jobs that update my interior hosts, and I
    never lift a finger. You might get some use out of that and you might not
    or as they say "your mileage may vary...".

    Regards,

    Drew