RE: Help: Linux Installation!!!

From: Rodolfo J. Paiz (rpaiz_at_simpaticus.com)
Date: 02/22/04

    To: redhat-list@redhat.com
    Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 19:11:46 -0600

    At 01:54 2/21/2004, you wrote:
    >If I recall right, a full install of 7.1 was really huge. If you want the
    >OS to take up less space, pick and choose the packages that you want to
    >install.
    >-Duncan

    Can't be... even a full "everything plus the kitchen sink" install of FC1
    is 5.2GB, and that's with *every* language module loaded. Just cutting down
    the languages brings it down to about 4.6GB.

    To the original poster... give us the output of the following commands:

             * fdisk -l
             * df -m
             * cat /etc/fstab
             * du -m --max-depth=2 /

    Then we can see what's going on.

    --
    Rodolfo J. Paiz
    rpaiz@simpaticus.com

    • Re: Multi kernel tree support on the same distro?
      ... but I do not recall all of the details off of the top of my head. ... into that at chroot directory. ... it's even easier to not do that and install and compile everything in one rootfs, which is perfectly possible and I have done so many times. ... Most binary distro's won't support this, but I think all of the source distro's and more specific ones support it and a few handle it out of the box. ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: VAXCluster vs. VMSCluster?
      ... Now install some friendly layered ... I'd forgotten just how hard ADA is, compared to - say - Basic... ... about my student days that I don't recall. ... not that nancy 80 column rubbish. ...
      (comp.os.vms)
    • Re: Shogun 2: Total War Announced
      ... I do recall that much earlier I had advised you to NOT install the Mongol Invasion until after you had played some of the original game. ... By canceling the retraining I was indeed able to carry on -- even able to try the retraining again after the 'end turn' and it works. ...
      (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic)
    • Re: Debian or Ubuntu?
      ... I can't say for the first few Debian updates. ... what I recall is that Bo was easier to install than my other OS ... That's more than Ubuntu ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • ORACLE_BASE and $ORACLE_HOME
      ... that it suggests ORACLE_BASE is only windows platform. ... install the latest Oracle Database release ... Yet I recall using scripts on Linux which referenced ORACLE_BASE ...
      (comp.databases.oracle.server)