Re: Web-Site Hosting -- please help

From: Ed Wilts (ewilts_at_ewilts.org)
Date: 02/27/04

    To: redhat-list@redhat.com
    Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:59:15 -0600

    On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 06:15:54AM -0800, Nilesh wrote:
    > problem is they want to host site at my end
    > at abc.com
    > IP is Mine and domain name is his
    > I want to both bind and the place is DNS
    > but where should i bind in my DNS or in his DNS

    The forward lookup has to be in his DNS or they have to delegate a
    sub-domain to you. The reverse lookup has to be in yours.

    --
    Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
    mailto:ewilts@ewilts.org

    • [NEWS] BIND 9 DNS Cache Poisoning
      ... BIND 9 DNS Cache Poisoning ... source UDP port and DNS transaction ID can be effectively predicted. ... address of the target name server), and the destination UDP port (53 the ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [UNIX] Multiple Remote Vulnerabilities in BIND4 and BIND8
      ... ISS X-Force has discovered several serious vulnerabilities in the Berkeley ... Internet Name Domain Server (BIND). ... majority of DNS servers on the Internet. ... deployed recursive DNS servers on the Internet. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • Re: DNS Manipulation via IPTables or other means?
      ... You might use the BIND view functionality ... I thought I could alter DNS responses ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: DNS Manipulation via IPTables or other means?
      ... Not sure about iptables. ... I nwhat way is BIND not scalable -- ... I thought I could alter DNS responses ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: your mail
      ... I even bought DNS and BIND from O'riley. ... For debugging Bind9, start by getting Bind to log a lot of stuff. ... continually on a busy production server. ...
      (freebsd-questions)