updating apps using rh8.0

From: bruce (bedouglas_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 03/11/04

    To: <redhat-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:03:06 -0800

    hi...

    In trying to do an update of mysql, we're running into issues. We have
    rh8.0, using gnome as the windowing system. We're doing the updates
    remotely.

    When trying to use the gnome "package manager", it's looking to access the
    ISO file information in the CD. If possible, we'd like to be able to simply
    point to a directory with the files...

    We tried to do a manual update and totally blew it! We ran into a
    continuing problem with dependencies for the apps that appeared to be
    circular.

    So.. The question, is there some way/(command line app) that we should use
    to perform the updates. We've seen reference to "app-get" but can't seem to
    find the app for RH8.0.

    If someone has any insight/suggestions, we're happy to take them.

    Thanks for any assistance with this.

    Regards,

    Bruce
    bedouglas@earthlink.net
    (925) 866-2790

    • Re: Oh, please, please, COME ON Ubuntu development people!
      ... Apparently, it will be based on GNOME 3, but with the traditional ... There are more options opening up for people who wish to leave Ubuntu, ... Unity and GNOME 3 but keep the Debian base and the power of apt-get ... Contacts app *always* goes back to the list, ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: [opensuse] indexing galore after upgrade to 11.3
      ... It's behaving on my install, but this is KDE4 only, no ... and work PCs have both KDE4 and Gnome installed, ... what I don't get is why was tracker started upon first login ... Lastly it could be being started on demand by an app that needs it, ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Sun Ultra 30 Creator 3D Graphics Workstation
      ... >I the app i'll be using runs on this machine. ... up Gnome by default, but you can change that with your session login. ... using SCA SCSI drives. ...
      (comp.sys.sun.hardware)
    • From KDE to GNOME. Experiences, suggestions and comments
      ... So this is not a case of being fed up with KDE. ... I just decided to try out GNOME for a change. ... To the app, it makes no ... There is a menu called "Tabs", but it does not contain "New ...
      (GNOME)
    • Re: From KDE to GNOME. Experiences, suggestions and comments
      ... for ~4 years now and KDE for ~1 year. ... I've also tried PekWM, Gnome, IceWM, XFce, WindowMaker, Ion2 and some ... To the app, it makes no ... There is a menu called "Tabs", but it does not contain "New ...
      (GNOME)