Re: to set up mail scanning gateway

From: Ed Wilts (ewilts_at_ewilts.org)
Date: 03/23/04

    Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 23:01:08 -0600
    To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list@redhat.com>

    On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 10:24:57AM -0800, geeta@cdfd.org.in wrote:

    > I like to put my question again clearly, since I am still in a confused
    > state.

    I didn't see your earlier query but I'll try to answer this one.

    > our web,email,DNS servers are all in one machine which is having a public
    > IP natted against private IP in the firewall.
    >
    > Now I want to install a mailgateway which scans for viruses and then
    > automatically sends the mail to mail server and again viceversa(from mail
    > server the mails has to go to mailgateway and then out.

    One of the ways to this is to install MailScanner from
    http://www.mailscanner.info. When properly installed, this separates
    your mail on your existing server into multiple queues - for example, I
    have a mail queue that receives the incoming mail, lets MailScanner scan
    it, and then it moves the mail to an outgoing queue for more processing.

    MailScanner is fairly powerful and supports multiple virus scanning
    engines. There is detailed documentation on their web site. You can
    do spam filtering too if you want.

    --
    Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
    mailto:ewilts@ewilts.org

    • Re: Printing Issue
      ... For some reason...ever though Domain users had permissions, CREATOR OWNER, ... New SBS2003 server with all updates and patches. ... job, admin or otherwise, to the printer, the job just hangs in queue. ... if I install the printer directly via TCP/IP on a client and not via ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Microsoft Message Queue Server?
      ... Microsoft Message Queue comes as part of the NT Server 4 Option Pack, ... If using NT Server 4, ... If using Windows 2000 Server, it's included (install it from the control ... As far as I understand, if you want to install a queue controller, you need ...
      (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
    • Re: Server 2003 32-bit Queue with XP Pro 64-bit
      ... You will need to install the vendors x64 print driver onto the XP machine. ... Open the remote printers folder, File, Server Properties, Drivers, Add ... that does the print billing uses the server queue to monitor for print ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
    • Re: IBM 440 8CPU + RAID 4LX
      ... You need to give more details on your server hardware and on the version you are trying to install. ... By default SMP is turned off in the generic kernel in 6.X, which is why booting the live cd is only in single CPU mode. ... MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their support. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Exchange SP1 stopped all smtp traffic
      ... This was a fresh install of SBS 2003 Standard on a new server, ... No additional info. is listed under the queues in ESM, ... Install Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 Service Pack 1 ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)