network problem Version 2

From: abhi (abhi_don_linux_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 04/01/04

    Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:12:59 -0800 (PST)
    To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list@redhat.com>

    Hi
     Follwing this email is the one i sent to the group
    regarding problems with the network support.

    Presently,I have removed the extra card NIC on my
    computer and now I can ping to the proxy and other
    computers on the networks

    But the problem with google still remains. I cant
    followthe links that google presents and once i visit
    google all following requests to other sites lead me
    to google. I also found out that this isnt the problem
    only with google but also with chase website i.e. all
    the sites i visit after visiting chase takes me back
    to chase's website.

    I tried playing around with cookies and different
    browser settings. The problem still persists; even
    after I updated to the latest mozilla version.

    Any help in this regards will greatly be appreciated.
    Thanks in Advance,
    Abhi
    P.S. Also let me know if I am using the wrong
    discussion forum
    --- abhi <abhi_don_linux@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > Hi ,
    > I am using RH9 on a pentim III machine that has
    > two
    > nic's and it connects to the internet through a
    > proxy
    > at 190.1.1.1.
    >
    > The problem is i can ping to the gateway but not
    > any other machine on the network. Moreover my
    > Mozilla
    > behaves weird directing me to the google site no
    > matter what URL i enter. It also doesnt allow me to
    > follow links that google presents coz it removes the
    > name of the server and sends the remaining URL to
    > google!!!
    >
    > here is the routing information
    > Kernel IP routing table
    > Destination Gateway Genmask
    > Flags
    > Metric Ref Use Iface
    > 190.1.1.0 * 255.255.255.0 U
    >
    > 0 0 0 eth0
    > 169.254.0.0 * 255.255.0.0 U
    >
    > 0 0 0 eth1
    > 190.1.0.0 * 255.255.0.0 U
    >
    > 0 0 0 eth1
    > 127.0.0.0 * 255.0.0.0 U
    >
    > 0 0 0 lo
    > default 190.1.1.1 0.0.0.0 UG
    >
    > 0 0 0 eth0
    >
    > I am not sure if that is the right way Rh9 has
    > configured the routing information.
    >
    > Any help in this mess will greatly be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks and Regards,
    > Abhi

    • Why Google Will Kill Node Computing
      ... Why Google Will Kill Node Computing ... Twenty years ago, personal computers became the ... most advanced human communication system in widespread use. ... of the art human communication network. ...
      (comp.programming)
    • Re: OT: Weird Yahoo! Business
      ... I could visit the Yahoo! ... is a little flash stick that creates a virtual private network with its ... him to Google, he had his boss do something to their server. ... cleared out your IP record, had you reboot your modem, and your modem ...
      (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
    • Re: Google Jamming Yahoo Again!!!!!!!!
      ... Google to the party is trying to jam Yahoo's ... Unless Yahoo is that much popular than Google and the network is truly ... My money is and always will be with Yahoo. ... has recently handed over key information to the Chinese government. ...
      (alt.internet.search-engines)
    • Re: will google build a WiMax with the 700MHze?
      ... WiMax network, that is free to use the network. ... The "C" block has a reserve in excess of $4.5 Billion and Google estimate it would take $12 Billion and 3years to build a 700Mhz network. ... Imagine a hybrid wireless broadband mesh network using 700-MHz connections for backhaul and some truly mobile links and WiFi for local service. ...
      (alt.internet.wireless)
    • Googles gamble
      ... The devil's best trick is to persuade us he doesn't exist, but Google ... These events emphasize network neutrality, ... The deal, as currently structured, substantially alters the Internet ...
      (alt.internet.search-engines)