Re: Upgrade Shrike to EL AS v3 failed

From: Ed Wilts (
Date: 04/07/04

    Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 06:38:42 -0500
    To:, General Red Hat Linux discussion list <>

    On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 02:22:19PM -0400, Ryan Golhar wrote:
    > I just performed an upgrade of a RedHat 9 server to RedHat Enterprise
    > Linux AS v3 and it looks like it went okay.

    This isn't supported and I'm surprised you got this far.
    > When I look at /etc/redhat-release, it says "Red Hat Linux release 9
    > (Shrike)" though. When I type in 'uname -a' is says I'm using
    > 2.4.21-9.EL kernel. I then ran rhn_register again to see what would
    > happen, and it still thinks its RedHat 9.

    Pretty much everything is driven from the redhat-release file. Install
    the redhat-release rpm (it's CD 1 I think) and run up2date again. You
    should (hopefully) be able to pick up the rest of the stuff that didn't
    happen right.

    Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
    redhat-list mailing list