Re: fetchmail bounces

From: Stephen Kuhn (skuhn_at_telpacific.com.au)
Date: 04/19/04

    To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 11:14:39 +1000

    On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 10:35, Edward wrote:

    > I use sendmail to send mail VIA my ISP mail server (masquerade).
    > I use fetchmail in a 15 minute CRON job to fetch new mail from my ISP
    > mail server.
    <Whack>

    > <<< 553 sorry, your envelope sender domain must exist (#5.7.1)
    > 501 5.6.0 Data format error
    > 550 5.1.1 <FETCHMAIL-DAEMON@server>... User unknown

    </Whack>

    I'm curious about what the commandline options are that you're using
    when you fire up fetchmail...?

    Have you tried it verbosely with:

    fetchmail --verbose --nodetach --smtpaddress=whatever.com.au
    --smtpuser=you@whatever.com.au

    ..?
    Just curious.

    stephen kuhn - owner
    ==============================
    illawarra computer services
    a kuhn media australia company
    http://kma.0catch.com

    • Re: Plea to Linux Users
      ... a kuhn media australia company ... * This message was composed on a 100% Microsoft free computer * ... and some of the people all of the time, but you Can't Fool Mom. ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: Ping Driving me Crazy....
      ... a kuhn media australia company ... * This message was composed on a 100% Microsoft free computer * ... 'Master, what is the difference between a humanistic, monastic system of ...
      (RedHat)
      ... > programes compiles successfully but at run time it show broken pipe ... a kuhn media australia company ... * This message was composed on a 100% Microsoft free computer * ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: Hope this doesnt make it....
      ... a kuhn media australia company ... * This message was composed on a 100% Microsoft free computer * ... core of what I like about cyberpunk. ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: webmin
      ... > how to check whether webmin is installed and if so then how to launch? ... a kuhn media australia company ... * This message was composed on a 100% Microsoft free computer * ...
      (RedHat)