Re: fetchmail bounces

From: Stephen Kuhn (
Date: 04/19/04

    To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list <>
    Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 11:14:39 +1000

    On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 10:35, Edward wrote:

    > I use sendmail to send mail VIA my ISP mail server (masquerade).
    > I use fetchmail in a 15 minute CRON job to fetch new mail from my ISP
    > mail server.

    > <<< 553 sorry, your envelope sender domain must exist (#5.7.1)
    > 501 5.6.0 Data format error
    > 550 5.1.1 <FETCHMAIL-DAEMON@server>... User unknown

    I'm curious about what the commandline options are that you're using
    when you fire up fetchmail...?

    Have you tried it verbosely with:

    fetchmail --verbose --nodetach

    Just curious.

    stephen kuhn - owner
    illawarra computer services
    a kuhn media australia company
    Fry: "Well, thanks to the internet I'm now bored with sex. Is ther a
    place on the web that panders to my lust for violence?" Bender: "Is the
    space-pope reptilian?"

    redhat-list mailing list