RE: a bit ot: tiny computer that runs on compact flash/smart media card

From: Chris W. Parker (cparker_at_swatgear.com)
Date: 04/22/04

    Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 14:20:03 -0700
    To: "General Red Hat Linux discussion list" <redhat-list@redhat.com>

    Michael Anaya <mailto:mianaya@edatatrace.com>
        on Thursday, April 22, 2004 12:30 PM said:

    >> i know i've seen these in the past. they are about 1.5" tall, about
    6"
    >> wide, and maybe 4-5" deep. they are mainly used for stuff like
    >> firewalls and routers. does anyone know what they are called and
    >> where i can get one?

    > sounds like a mini-itx motherboard.

    although i haven't found the exact site i was looking for.. i'm pretty
    sure they were using these mini-itx boards. i've found a few cool ones
    on the www.mini-itx.com website so i'll start there.

    thanks!
    chris.

    • Re: Misconceptions
      ... > True routers route traffic much like the old railroad turntables ... Firewalls implement security policies or rules ... > handled by anti-virus programs, which should be on the ... > A NIDS is just that. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Misconceptions
      ... >> NAT can be implemented on many routers, but only on stub network (the ... usually a private/office network) routers. ... >> Routers are NOT firewalls. ... >> A NIDS is just that. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Do I really need firewall? A newbies question
      ... their own firewalls and you have the major ports blocked for the IPs ... you have assigned to your computers why would there be a reason to put ... router firewalls (on routers that I can afford lol) because it can lead ... I think this leads back to the age-old debate of which is better - ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: EIGRP or OSPF over WAN
      ... routing protocols EIGRP and OSPF so that 2 routers on different subnets ... LAN A - 172.16.116.0/22 and LAN B 172.16.120.0/22 and they ... the firewalls and these two networks are connected but the routers do ... best to use eBGP for going through firewalls and hoping across to subnets when interfaces of each end routers are on different subnets. ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
    • Re: A MuahMan self-contradiction?
      ... I have used Anti-virus software in the past. ... With the newer routers, advanced hardware firewalls, ... Problem solved on EVERY OS for EVERY computer on your network. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)