Re: Request

From: Miriam Benitez (miriamb_at_telesurf.com.py)
Date: 04/23/04

    To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 17:25:18 -0400

    Hi, first at all: my english level is INTERMEDIATE, that means: please excuse
    me if I don't use correctly the words sometimes.

    And next: I have a computer with Red Hat 7.3 with Samba, in order to use it
    as a server for a system developed in FoxPro for Windows. It works pretty
    well, but a week ago I found a file named "folder.htt" in my system folder.
    Looking for this folder in google, I found that this file was created for a
    virus, VBS/Redlof. I have not installed an antivirus in my server, and my
    question is:
    * What antivirus do you suggest to me?
    * How hard is to install this antivirus?
    * Could you help me to install it?

    Thanks a lot for your help,

    Miriam
    On Friday 23 April 2004 15:03, you wrote:
    > At 12:35 4/23/2004, you wrote:
    > >Hi, I want to get information about some topics in Linux Red Hat. Could
    > > you please let me know how I can contact with some people that would help
    > > me?
    >
    > You're already in the right place. This is a community forum, where lots of
    > people ask questions and try to help each other.
    >
    > What do you need?

    • Re: Cant forward/send emails and log on keeps popping up
      ... install AVG anti-virus and keep spybot. ... Instead of switching to a different antivirus, ... Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. ... Subject 'Fw: Anan Photos Etc', Account: 'Yahoo', Server: ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
    • Re: Adding DSL Router to existing Win2K Server and 3 clients
      ... It would be a real good idea to have antivirus protection on all the ... computers, particularly if you are going to have broadband access. ... You should also make sure that the server is hardened before you install the ... The server should also not be used for general web browsing. ...
    • Re: SOLVED!! CS0016 Compilation Error: Finally I got the solution
      ... An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. ... DON'T INSTALL ANY ANTIVIRUS ON YOUR SERVER!!! ... NOD32 and Norton Symantec Antivirus Corporate, ... DON'T INSTALL ANY FIREWALL SOFTWARE ON YOUR SERVER!! ...
    • Re: Fed up with this problem
      ... I also get a 'not applicable' on advanced server DC. ... For fun, go to www.antivirus.com, and do a 'free housecall' antivirus scan. ... Microsoft had me do this as they felt a problem I had might be caused my my ... update by hand, burn to CD, and install on your virgin machine offline. ...
    • Re: Fed up with this problem
      ... I also get a 'not applicable' on advanced server DC. ... For fun, go to www.antivirus.com, and do a 'free housecall' antivirus scan. ... Microsoft had me do this as they felt a problem I had might be caused my my ... update by hand, burn to CD, and install on your virgin machine offline. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.general)