Re: installing SSH

From: Rodolfo J. Paiz (rpaiz_at_simpaticus.com)
Date: 04/27/04

    Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 10:30:56 -0600
    To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list@redhat.com>

    At 10:16 4/27/2004, you wrote:
    >I am installing SSH on my RHEL server. I did the ./configure part, but
    >when I do a "make install" command, it says it cannot find a compiler..
    >any ideas where I can get one?

    Installing from source is usually not the best way, *especially* if you are
    using RHEL. Since you already have a secure, supported platform, use the
    tools it gives you. Simply log in as root and type:

    # up2date openssh

    It will download, install, and configure the package properly and will
    resolve any dependencies automatically. Note that there are different
    packages for client and server; you can see the list of packages with:

    # up2date --showall | grep openssh

    Cheers,

    --
    Rodolfo J. Paiz