RE: extended / logical partition

From: Peter Smith (pasmith_at_wbmpl.com.au)
Date: 05/10/04

    To: auji@cruzio.com, "General Red Hat Linux discussion list" <redhat-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 07:39:04 +1000

    Hi Jim,

    An extended partition is just a container for logical partitions.

    If your existing logical partition does not use all the extended partition,
    you can create and format a second logical partition in the unused space.

    Otherwise you will need to shrink your existing logical partition first -
    google for PartitionMagic for example.

    See http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/Large-Disk-HOWTO.html for
    information about disk partitions.

    Regards,