Kernel upgrade SOS

From: Redhat Enterprise (
Date: 05/28/04

    Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 10:34:08 -0700 (PDT)
    To:, taroon <>

    I need to upgrade my existing kernel to 2.6.5 the steps i followed and the system information is given below. Pls help me I'm really stuck.
    Mounting root filesystem
    mount: error 19 mounting ext3
    pivotroot: pivot_root(/sysroot,/sysroot/initrd)
    failed: 2
    Freeing unused kernel memory: 244k freed
    Kernel panic: No init fount. Try passing init= option
    to Kernel.

    Existing kernel :

    gcc (GCC) 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5)

    GNU ld version 20030206

    What i did was:

    make mrproper
    make oldconfig
    make bzImage
    make modules
    make moduels_install

    copied the bzimage and copied the System map to the

    Do you Yahoo!?

    redhat-list mailing list