Re: PS/2 Mouse Configuration

From: Pete Nesbitt (pete_at_linux1.ca)
Date: 06/01/04

    To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 18:37:50 -0700

    On May 31, 2004 04:22 pm, Nestor Waldyd wrote:
    > >> Hi...
    > >>
    > >> I am trying to configurate my PS/2 Mouse on RedHat 7.1... I have tryed
    > >> editing the XF86Config file, using mouseconfig utility, using
    > >> Xconfigurator, and others with no result....
    > >>
    > >> How can i solve this?

    Hi,
    Is this a replacement for a serial or a new install or...?

    First you need to find out if the mouse works at all (without X)?
    If X is running, logout of X thern use ctl-alt-F1,
    log in as root and enter '/etc/init.d/gpm status'
    If gpm is not running, then try '/etc/init.d/gpm start'

    What happens when you run /usr/sbin/mouseconfig? Does it error or does it
    finish ok but still no mouse?

    --
    Pete Nesbitt, rhce