Re: PS/2 Mouse Configuration

From: Pete Nesbitt (pete_at_linux1.ca)
Date: 06/01/04

    To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 18:37:50 -0700

    On May 31, 2004 04:22 pm, Nestor Waldyd wrote:
    > >> Hi...
    > >>
    > >> I am trying to configurate my PS/2 Mouse on RedHat 7.1... I have tryed
    > >> editing the XF86Config file, using mouseconfig utility, using
    > >> Xconfigurator, and others with no result....
    > >>
    > >> How can i solve this?

    Hi,
    Is this a replacement for a serial or a new install or...?

    First you need to find out if the mouse works at all (without X)?
    If X is running, logout of X thern use ctl-alt-F1,
    log in as root and enter '/etc/init.d/gpm status'
    If gpm is not running, then try '/etc/init.d/gpm start'

    What happens when you run /usr/sbin/mouseconfig? Does it error or does it
    finish ok but still no mouse?

    --
    Pete Nesbitt, rhce

    • Re: Windows to Linux list?
      ... between it and some hardware on my laptop, but on the desktop it seemed to ... Windows was still my primary) I started working on getting Linux to like ... there is no replacement for Sonique. ... install over Mandrake's partitions. ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: Windows to Linux list?
      ... between it and some hardware on my laptop, but on the desktop it seemed to ... Windows was still my primary) I started working on getting Linux to like ... there is no replacement for Sonique. ... install over Mandrake's partitions. ...
      (alt.os.linux.redhat)
    • Re: Can XP be run from an alternate HD on a Vista PC?
      ... However a non-repair replacement accompanied by a system drive replacement probably won't be. ... You will need to do a repair installation of XP before it will run on the new computer. ... you will need to use a program like VistaBoot Pro to set up the boot files correctly or you will only be able to boot into XP once you have run the repair install. ...
    • Re: Dead PC - help please !
      ... (The machine has had two replacement PSUs under guarantee before - so I though there might be something in this theory... ... If it does turn out to be the mobo, don't just assume you can drop your old HDD onto a new mobo and have it all work, especially if you are running XP or 2000. ... TBH, if you are replacing the mobo with a different one, your best bet will be a clean install. ... 'restore' disks but it didn't come with the full install disk. ...
      (uk.comp.homebuilt)
    • Re: Defective XP disk
      ... > replacement CD only to find you still have the problem. ... > If your system is clear of viruses, open Control Panel, open System, go to ... > Check for the latest drivers for your hardware, ... > you install updated drivers, ignore the message about drivers being ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)