Re: Cache administrator

From: Marcos S. Trazzini (listas_at_jmsys.com.br)
Date: 06/03/04

    To: Duncan <drack@mweb.co.zw>, General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 09:17:57 -0300

    Em Qua, 2004-06-02 às 11:02, Duncan escreveu:
    > Please can somebody help , i keep getting this error message from my linux server , when i try and browse using lynx. What does this mean , i am a kind of a newbie but would appreciate your help.What do i do
    > ERROR
    >
    > The requested URL could not be retrieved
    > While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.google.com/
    > The following error was encountered:
    > * Unable to Retrieve
    > The system returned:
    > No neighbors or parents were queried and the host is beyond your firewall.
    > The cache administrator may need to double-check the cache configuration.
    > This means that:
    > The requested URL can not currently be retrieved.

    > Duncan Rack

    Well, this error is related to squid, more specifically with the
    "connections" to squid. Sometimes a set of firewall rules may block you
    access to ports used by squid, like the icp port 3310/tcp. Check your
    firewall rules on the server.
    If you're trying the test with links in the same server that runs squid,
    you may check also ir aren't any firewall rules blocking access to lo
    (loopback) interface.

    • Re: Upcoming conference: Should Schools Teach Intelligent Design?
      ... > VoiceOfReason wrote: ... >>The requested URL could not be retrieved ... >>While trying to retrieve the URL: ... >>The remote host or network may be down. ...
      (talk.origins)
    • Re: Eclipse, WinXP, =?ISO-8859-15?Q?eingeschr=E4nktes_Konto?=
      ... > The requested URL could not be retrieved ... > While trying to retrieve the URL: http://127.0.0.1:49790/help/index.jsp ... Ich habe das eben nochmal mit meiner Konfiguration getestet. ... Probleme (sowohl mit dem internen und dem externen Browser). ...
      (de.comp.lang.java)
    • blocked file download
      ... series and the uni has done me a great disservice by blocking downloads ... The requested URL could not be retrieved ... While trying to retrieve the URL: ... Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: xotcl accessing member variable from inside a tcl proc
      ... > The requested URL could not be retrieved ... > While trying to retrieve the URL: ... It looks like the proxy you are using is not allowing you ... we can't use port 80 on the machine. ...
      (comp.lang.tcl)
    • Re: Poor little puppy
      ... > The requested URL could not be retrieved ... > While trying to retrieve the URL: ... > Connection timed outThe remote host or network may be down. ... but those Unheard melodies are sweeter ...
      (uk.people.silversurfers)