Re: Accessing private information

From: Ed Wilts (ewilts_at_ewilts.org)
Date: 06/06/04

    Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 06:31:36 -0500
    To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list@redhat.com>

    On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 10:10:40AM +0400, Rudolf A wrote:
    > We have Linux RedHat 9 server (Iptables, NAT, PROXY, etc), which
    > serves as a router for our network.
    >
    > Through that server, network users are chatting by MSN, Yahoo
    > Messenger, ICQ etc... The question is the following.
    >
    > Is it possibility for Linux Administrator, to access to their chat
    > text, to read that information of chatting on the server?.

    Yes - you can use tcpdump or ethereal on the Linux system to capture and
    display the traffic.

    --
    Ed Wilts, RHCE
    Mounds View, MN, USA

    • Accessing private information
      ... We have Linux RedHat 9 server, which serves as a router for our network. ... Through that server, network users are chatting by MSN, Yahoo Messenger, ICQ etc... ... Is it possibility for Linux Administrator, to access to their chat text, to read that information of chatting on the server?. ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: security problem
      ... > I don't know what happened, I found virus on my server. ... > for all network users but is not working. ... are you running antivirus software? ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: What is wrong?
      ... It is about the XP network users use my ... account and password so they can connect everywhere. ... > connected the server with domain model but if these computers connect the ...
    • Re: What is wrong?
      ... It is about the XP network users use my ... account and password so they can connect everywhere. ... > connected the server with domain model but if these computers connect the ...
    • security problem
      ... I found virus on my server. ... After when I deleted that virus, all network users lost ... requested logon type at this computer." ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)