Re: Read Only File System

From: Henry Axelrod (
Date: 06/08/04

    To: <>, <>
    Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 16:03:01 -0400

    You can do this by creating a sepreate partition or drive to mount for
    that fs. When you add the entry to /etc/fstab you can place "ro" in the
    options column. For Example:

    LABEL=/home /home ext3 ro 1 1

    The preceding line will mount the home directory as read only. You will
    of course have to remeber to label the partition as /home. You will also
    probably want to add more options then just read only. This is just an

    >>> 6/8/2004 3:44:25 PM >>>
    I am working a creating a remote log server using RedHat Advanced
    Server 3.
    I would like to be able to make an entire file system read only where
    can't even change the contents. Does anybody know of a way to do

    Nathaniel Hall

    Intrusion Detection and Firewall Technician

    Ozarks Technical Community College -- Office of Computer Networking

    redhat-list mailing list
    Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential
    and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only.
    Access to this E-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.
    If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the
    contents of this E-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in
    reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an
    addressee, please inform the sender immediately, then delete this
    message and empty from your trash.
    redhat-list mailing list