Spamassassin not working (Showing error "Invalid usage" in maillog)

From: Jacob Varghese (emailtojacob_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 06/14/04

    To: redhat-list@redhat.com
    Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:32:50 -0800

    Hi,

    I need help.

    1. I have installed spamassassin and spamass-milter

    2. Configured it with sendmail

    Added followind line in sendmail.mc

    INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`spamassassin', `S=local:/var/run/spamass.sock,
    F=,T=C:15m;S:4m;R:4m;E:10m')

    and then run "m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/sendmail.cf"

    3.Restarted sendmail

    4.Send a test message

    But when i check maillog, it is found that spamassassin is not working. any
    idea?

    Jun 14 14:43:12 xxxxxx sendmail[5015]: i5EIhAM05012: to=jacob@email.com,
    ctladdr=root (0/0), delay=00:00:02, xdelay=00:00:02, mailer=esmtp,
    pri=60079, relay=email-com.mr.outblaze.com. [], dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent (Ok:
    queued as 91FFA538F4)
    Jun 14 14:43:12 xxxxxx spamc[5018]: invalid usage
    Jun 14 14:43:12 xxxxxx sendmail[5015]: i5EIhAM05012: to=root@xxxxxx.net,
    ctladdr=root (0/0), delay=00:00:02, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=local,
    pri=60079, dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent

    I have tried different versions of spamassasin. Same message is displayed
    for all.

    Please help.

    Thanks in advance,
    jacob

    • Re: configure spamassassin to only check incoming email
      ... |>> I'm using sendmail to handle all my incoming and outgoing email and now ... |>> I've ran into a problem related to spamassassin. ... | the script that sends out all the emails makes use of PHP. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Problem with Skunkware procmail 3.1.5 & 5.0.7 MP5
      ... for programs you want to allow sendmail to run. ... It appears to be in configured format followed by the old format. ... And I still need suggestions on how to prevent procmail from hosing my ... the next thing to do is get Spamassassin 3.1.4 to work. ...
      (comp.unix.sco.misc)
    • Re: configure spamassassin to only check incoming email
      ... |>> I'm using sendmail to handle all my incoming and outgoing email and now ... |>> I've ran into a problem related to spamassassin. ... | the script that sends out all the emails makes use of PHP. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Sendmail>Cyrus - howto insert spamassassin in there?
      ... basically I'd like sendmail to run incoming messages through spamassassin before passing them onto Cyrus but I ... I've installed all the spamassassin RPMs (spamd, spamc, tools) and tried to configure ...
      (comp.mail.sendmail)
    • Re: Spam Issue
      ... distro kernel. ... MailScanner and spamassassin (sendmail too). ... latest milter interface and libraries) and be sure your're running the latest ...
      (comp.mail.sendmail)