Re: Updates for a Network Install

From: Rodolfo J. Paiz (rpaiz_at_simpaticus.com)
Date: 06/16/04

    Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 20:33:28 -0600
    To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list@redhat.com>

    At 18:04 6/15/2004, Oliver Aaltonen wrote:
    >I believe "-k" only specifies a directory for up2date to look in _for_
    >updated packages, not to check a specific directory for packages and
    >download any updates for those packages.

    That is what I meant... I apologize for not being more specific.

    Please post your comments at the bottom of each mail, so we can read them
    in sequence... it's much easier that way on a busy list.

    Cheers,

    --
    Rodolfo J. Paiz
    rpaiz@simpaticus.com

    • Re: [opensuse] Fetching updates once for two boxes
      ... then run zypper again on that. ... can keep packages, it doesn't say how to tell it to. ... then run yast again to fetch the remaining updates ... and hopefully not download the common packages again. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [SLE] Zmd/Zypp Zowie!
      ... Other SuSE versions did first download all the updates, ... minutes) between packages. ... preceeding package installs. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Some thoughts about yum and repositories
      ... > can at least use a yum.conf if we can copy or download it. ... that yum can locate and download for you. ... When you want to add a new repository to your yum.conf, ... You can use a tool like wget to download packages ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Newbie needinhg a screen reader
      ... I need to download to have a working screen reader. ... have tried Vinux 3.0 but Ubuntu does not include modem support. ... Then you have to decide which graphic interface you want: KDE, gnome xfce or ... It is possible, and sometimes desirable, to use one DE but use packages associated with another DE. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: /var partition seems locked or read only
      ... Do you have large open files that have been removed? ... If you had an aptitude run have problems check for old aptitude and dpkg ... next night and so on until all of the packages had downloaded properly. ... The problem started with a network failure, which avoided aptitude to download, and so update, some packages, and now some packages are broken. ...
      (Debian-User)