iptables and mysql...

From: bruce (bedouglas_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 07/02/04

    To: <mysql@lists.mysql.com>, "'General Red Hat Linux discussion list'" <redhat-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 06:34:39 -0700

    hi...

    i'm investigating what needs to be done to allow mysql on a server to be
    used remotely by client machines. each machine is running iptables. so i'm
    wondering what has to be in the iptables for the machine being used as the
    mysql server, as well as the client machines that will be communicating with
    the mysql box...

    also, how would i test that the iptable/mysql configuration setup is working
    properly...

    i have rh8.0 and mysql v11.18-dist3.23.54

    any pointers/comments/criticisms or actual iptable configs illustrating this
    would be extremely helpful!!!

    thanks

    -bruce

    • Re: iptables and mysql...
      ... >> i'm investigating what needs to be done to allow mysql on a server to be ... as well as the client machines that will be ... > Jason Dixon, RHCE ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: iptables and mysql...
      ... > i'm investigating what needs to be done to allow mysql on a server ... > to be used remotely by client machines. ... so i'm wondering what has to be in the iptables for the ...
      (RedHat)
    • Request for recommendations: shared database without a server
      ... -- A variety of users will access the database application at various ... -- All computing is done on the client machines, ... is no server ... Can I get there with MySQL? ...
      (comp.lang.python)
    • RE: iptables and mysql...
      ... properly configuring/securing the mysql app is both a linux/mysql issue... ... we're looking for actual iptable examples, for both mysql server box, as ... Subject: iptables and mysql... ... as well as the client machines that will be communicating ...
      (RedHat)
    • IP Tables configuration
      ... I'm very inexperienced with IPTABLES, and was wondering how to add a ... rule to permit an external machine to ssh and use mysql on another ... server that is otherwise configured to reject such traffic. ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)