problem patching qmailqueue

From: Edy Sulai (edysulai_at_bundamulia.ac.id)
Date: 08/05/04

    To: <redhat-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 09:41:14 +0700

    Hi,
    Iím using qmail 1.0.3 with clam av 0.75, qmailscanner 1.22, spamassasin
    2.63.
    When I configure the qmailscanner, this error message always appears
    (even after I applied the patch) :
    Building Qmail-Scanner 1.22...

    This script will search your system for the virus scanners it knows
    about, and will ensure that all external programs
    qmail-scanner-queue.pl uses are explicitly pathed for performance
    reasons.

    Continue? ([Y]/N)

                   **************************

    Cannot find evidence of QMAILQUEUE patch in /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd!

    This package REQUIRES that Qmail patch in order to operate.

    Please read the README.html file again and download and install the
    patch
    before continuing...

                   **************************

    I have tried many different patches (like qmail-patches by Pavel
    Niewiadomski, bruce guenter qmail-queue patch, etc)
    but still wonít work.

    Any idea whatís happening here? Maybe a little tip where to get a patch
    that works?

    thanks

    • Re: 5.3-RELEASE: WARNING - WRITE_DMA interrupt timout
      ... My problem is not related to a SATA controller. ... Everything works pretty well on this server. ... the qmail MTA, an otherwise pretty powerful email program. ... I'm going to apply a patch to qmail in a few days. ...
      (freebsd-current)
    • Re: qmail starttls patch does not seed the random number generator
      ... qmail starttls patch does not seed the random number generator ... > The way you fixed the problem is not secure. ... If you're depending on the fact that your mail server is TLS encrypting ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • Re: Benchmark: NetBSD 2.0 beats FreeBSD 5.3
      ... It's my understanding that Qmail spawns a new qmail-local process ... (specifically qmail-lspawn exec's it) ... QMAIL_QUEUE patch, although that will spawn a spamc of it's own) this ... Qmail+vpopmail+spamassassin, ...
      (freebsd-hackers)
    • RE: Help! How to restore glibc on a broken system?
      ... get a non-rpm version of glibc, ... them into a directory and read the INSTALL ... > certainly not qmail, except the weird ... Apply the patch (I actually had to update qmail by changing ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: qmail smtp-auth bug allows open relay
      ... Is the patch needed if the implementation of the auth module is correct? ... > can accidentally allow somebody who forgets one or more of the command ... > on the qmail mailing list: ...
      (Incidents)