Sendmail issue

From: McDougall, Marshall (FSH) (MarMcDouga_at_gov.mb.ca)
Date: 08/05/04

    To: "'General Red Hat Linux discussion list'" <redhat-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 12:08:50 -0500

    I have a couple of RHES2.1 servers that are presenting me with an
    interesting sendmail problem. When I compose an email, I cannot terminate
    the note. I try with just a dot, or using cntrl-d to no avail. I cannot
    finish the note, subsequently, I cannot send it either. I have gone through
    the sendmail.mc macro and I don't see anywhere to alter the usage of the
    terminating chars. I see that one of the options for starting sendmail is
    Ignoredots, but I am not using that option. I have copied sendmail.cf files
    from working servers and it makes no difference. Has anyone seen this one
    before? Any assistance appreciated. Thanks.

    Regards, Marshall