Sendmail issue

From: McDougall, Marshall (FSH) (MarMcDouga_at_gov.mb.ca)
Date: 08/05/04

    To: "'General Red Hat Linux discussion list'" <redhat-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 12:08:50 -0500

    I have a couple of RHES2.1 servers that are presenting me with an
    interesting sendmail problem. When I compose an email, I cannot terminate
    the note. I try with just a dot, or using cntrl-d to no avail. I cannot
    finish the note, subsequently, I cannot send it either. I have gone through
    the sendmail.mc macro and I don't see anywhere to alter the usage of the
    terminating chars. I see that one of the options for starting sendmail is
    Ignoredots, but I am not using that option. I have copied sendmail.cf files
    from working servers and it makes no difference. Has anyone seen this one
    before? Any assistance appreciated. Thanks.

    Regards, Marshall

    • Re: NTP clients not syncing up to servers?
      ... it will make one such adjustment and will terminate itself if a second such adjustment is required. ... This instance of ntpd has been running since Jun13. ... populate the ntp.conf file on the gateway machines with as many servers ... Given our situation, the gateways and servers ...
      (comp.protocols.time.ntp)
    • Re: NTP clients not syncing up to servers?
      ... terminate itself unless "-g" is present on the ntpd command line. ... it will make one such adjustment and will terminate itself if a second such adjustment is required. ... reliable, consistent, and _working_ lower-stratum servers configured before you even start ntpd for the first time. ... Given our situation, the gateways and servers ...
      (comp.protocols.time.ntp)
    • TS Client hangs on log off
      ... We have several servers running both Windows 2000 and ... user connects to specific servers using the Terminal ... the session will stop responding when they ... the window to terminate the session. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.clients)
    • Re: Security Breach... help needed
      ... > computer rights, QUICKLY terminate their rights, user names, and ... > passwords on all servers. ... company that forgot to terminate the WATTS line in the employees house. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)