MySQL 4 and PHP 5

From: Chris Lott (Chris.Lott_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/07/04

    Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 12:07:25 -0800
    To: redhat-list@redhat.com

    Any idea how long before new software gets integrated into the RedHat
    Enterprise distributions? PHP 5 is pretty new, but MySQL 4 has been
    out for a while. I am enjoying the easy maintenance of my new RedHat
    Enterprise 3 servers, but I am starting to get some demands for MySQL
    4 and, to some degree, PHP 5. I don't know that much about the RPM
    process, but it seems like if I need to use one of these I pretty much
    end up needing to compile everything by hand-- kind of an all RPM or
    nothing?

    Chris Lott