MySQL 4 and PHP 5

From: Chris Lott (Chris.Lott_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/07/04

    Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 12:07:25 -0800
    To: redhat-list@redhat.com

    Any idea how long before new software gets integrated into the RedHat
    Enterprise distributions? PHP 5 is pretty new, but MySQL 4 has been
    out for a while. I am enjoying the easy maintenance of my new RedHat
    Enterprise 3 servers, but I am starting to get some demands for MySQL
    4 and, to some degree, PHP 5. I don't know that much about the RPM
    process, but it seems like if I need to use one of these I pretty much
    end up needing to compile everything by hand-- kind of an all RPM or
    nothing?

    Chris Lott

    • Re: PHP 5.2 and Mysql
      ... I have redhat 3.0 Enterprise, and mysql ... and php 4.3.9 (installed from an rpm) - I can access data from my mysql ... db using php and the "pear" Db .php. ...
      (comp.lang.php)
    • Re: Running oracle 8 or oracle 9 on RedHat9.x
      ... > Oracle Enterprise Server 9.2.x ... I have been unable to get an 8i client to install and/or run on RH9. ... I don't know anything about PHP, so I can't help you with compiling ... > The machine has to run RedHat, and newest version would be good. ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: phpMyAdmin Setup
      ... >and php and mysql all installed on the same machine. ... >particular port to my RedHat box on my home network. ... True, in general, although you can use Apache directives to modify ... Wouldn't this also be true if I wanted to install, say, PHP-Nuke? ...
      (comp.lang.php)
    • Re: php on RH8
      ... And you will probably find it comes with the latest RedHat distribution. ... If PHP were to release their software in RPM format as some other vendors ... with either compiling your own or adapting your code to suit the RedHat ...
      (RedHat)