Email inside cron

From: Silva, Germano (Germano_Silva_at_brown.edu)
Date: 08/20/04

    Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:31:01 -0400
    To: "General Red Hat Linux discussion list" <redhat-list@redhat.com>

    Hi,

    I have a Cshell script that does a whole bunch of stuff and as it is
    doing stuff, it writes status data to a log file. At the end of the
    script I email the contents of the log file to me email address as
    follow:

    /bin/mail -s "${MsgHeader} finished." ${MailTo} <${logfile}

    This works fine when I run the script interactively, but no email is
    sent when I run ut as a cron job.

    Any ideas why?

    Thanks

    • Re: unix shell script ignores exit when in function that is piped to tee
      ... > I thought calling a function within a script did NOT create sub-shells. ... is going to be able to alter the log file to cover up any inappropriate ... entry in the log to the previous entry. ... The easiest way to use crypt to ...
      (comp.unix.shell)
    • The necessity of Setting Objects to Nothing
      ... But what happens when you've got a script that is running as ... Dim Servers, List, strComputer ... Set Folder = objFSO.GetFolder ... '~~~ Write the results of the number of users query to a log file. ...
      (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
    • Re: CSVDE Importing
      ... > specify the log file path via the -j option. ... CSVDE imports can only be used to create new users ... Unfortunately, the syntax is a bit more involved than a simple csv file, ... which makes it a little more difficult to manage its content via script. ...
    • Re: CSVDE Importing
      ... > specify the log file path via the -j option. ... CSVDE imports can only be used to create new users ... Unfortunately, the syntax is a bit more involved than a simple csv file, ... which makes it a little more difficult to manage its content via script. ...
    • Re: Recurse issue - 2nd try
      ... My script simply stops short. ... However, when I view the log file, it is missing several files. ... > is your script hanging or does it complete but somehow misses some folders? ... >> Dim sLogFile ...
      (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)