Disk /dev/hde doesn't contain a valid partition table {Scanned}

From: SW (wppiphoto_at_wppi.com)
Date: 09/07/04

    To: "Redhat Support Usergroup" <redhat-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 00:14:12 -0400

    Hi,

    I'm trying to find out how I can go about making sure my new hard drive
    (/dev/hde) is correctly formated and partitioned. This was my 1st time
    adding a hard drive in a linux system and I had a pretty hard time setting
    it up.

    Now, I'm getting the following error when I try to run a backup script to
    this hard drive:

    Disk /dev/hde doesn't contain a valid partition table

    Here is the info for this hard drive:

    # e2fsck /dev/hde
    e2fsck 1.32 (09-Nov-2002)
    /dev/hde: clean, 194/24428544 files, 2871129/48840246 blocks

    #vi /etc/fstab
    /dev/hde /Backups ext3 defaults 1 2

    Can anyone tell me how to go about troubleshooting this problem?

    Thanks,

    SW

            WPPi.com | WPPi.Net
      http://www.wppi.com | http://www.wppi.net