Re: using options for './configure' for software builds..

From: Reuben D. Budiardja (techlist_at_voyager.phys.utk.edu)
Date: 09/08/04

    To: bedouglas@earthlink.net, General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 08:22:45 -0400

    On Wednesday 08 September 2004 07:51, bruce wrote:
    <snip>
    > ie, instead of doing:
    > ./configure --option1 --option2....
    > ./configure option_file
    >
    > option_file
    > --option1
    > --option2
    > .
    > .
    > .
    >
    > in this case option_file would have the optins....
    >
    > so how does this get accomplished under linux???
    >
    > i'm sure there's a way to not have to continue to retype the options, i
    > just need to know what the correct way is!

    How about put the whole thing into a script, then run that script instead of
    the original ./configure, ie (not tested):

    1. Edit: my_configure.sh

    #! /bin/sh
    ./configure \
    --option1 \
    --option2 \
    --option3

    2. Make my_configure.sh executable
    chmod 755 my_configure.sh

    3. Run my_configure.sh instead of the original configure script;
    ./my_configure.sh

    RDB

    --
    Reuben D. Budiardja
    Dept. Physics and Astronomy

    • Re: RFC: Building the Perfect Tabbed Pane (an tutorial article)
      ... manipulation. ... that logic must reside in a script block ... head shouldn't be an issue as long as the script is after the closing ...
      (comp.lang.javascript)
    • Re: Javascript: string detection
      ... this script doesn' work, probably, because of the wrong syntax. ... A complete syntax check is better left to the server where existing code is more readily available and not a burden on the client. ... Be aware that even the regular expression above is restrictive as it won't accept literal IPv6 addresses, those that contain display names, or comments in some locations. ...
      (comp.lang.javascript)
    • Re: Grep and mv
      ... Or just the ones you have created with the script? ... > My silly little grep script extracts the names as ... > The error messages I get when running this script are: ...
      (comp.unix.shell)
    • Re: Unix scripts
      ... operations at the beginning of the script while calling it after ... > If no file is given on the command line or all file lines were read, ... > The system calls echo and printf are frequently used for the file line ...
      (comp.unix.programmer)
    • Re: Need Help with my script logic
      ... Below is the complete script. ... the hidden inputs get populated after the following on the form: ... the other relevant fields are pretty much everything that takes data ...
      (comp.lang.javascript)