Making PHP with with apache

From: Richard Hobbs (richard.hobbs_at_crl.toshiba.co.uk)
Date: 09/09/04

    To: "'General Red Hat Linux discussion list'" <redhat-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 17:31:32 +0100

    Hello,

    I recently installed a RH8 machine from the original RH8 CDs. I then ran
    up2date to get the latest kernel and latest available apache (2.something).

    I then manually download php through thr RedHat Network, and installed it
    using 'rpm -Uhv php-4.2.2-8.0.8.i386.rpm'.

    I then created a simple php web page in a random directory in /var/www/html
    (which is the DocumentRoot), but the php script is not working. There are no
    error messages, but the php commands are just doing nothing. Basically,
    apache doesn't know what PHP is yet.

    Does anyone know how I can configure this?

    Thanks a lot in advance,
    Hobbs.

    --
    Richard Hobbs (Systems Administrator)
    Toshiba Research Europe Ltd. - Speech Technology Group