RE: network settings

From: Ryan Golhar (golharam_at_umdnj.edu)
Date: 09/13/04

    Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 10:53:49 -0400
    To: "'General Red Hat Linux discussion list'" <redhat-list@redhat.com>

    >> 1) I have configured my network settings through
    >> the GUI (system settings --> networks). I would
    >> like to know if the configurations would be saved,
    >> the next time I reboot.

    To my knowledge, yes, they will be saved.

    >> 2) I had to use the 'route add ..' command to add
    >> a default gateway. I would aslo like to know if
    >> that is permanent?

    Now, why would you need to set your default gateway this way? You
    should be able to do that through the GUI. In any case, no, I don't
    think this change is permanent. Double-check the GUI from #1, I'm sure
    the gateway setting is in there.

    Ryan

    1) I have configured my network settings through the GUI (system
    settings --> networks). I would like to know if the configurations would
    be saved, the next time I reboot.

    2) I had to use the 'route add ..' command to add a default gateway. I
    would aslo like to know if that is permanent?

    Thank you guys for all help.

    Menon