Re: Firewall

From: Jason Dixon (jason_at_dixongroup.net)
Date: 09/25/04

    Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 18:53:24 -0400
    To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list@redhat.com>

    On Sep 25, 2004, at 5:32 PM, Stuart Sears wrote:

    > On Fri 24 September 2004 19:26, Damien Estrada wrote:
    >> Can anybody tell me how to unblock port 25 from the firewall installed
    >> with red hat ??
    > lokkit -> customize -> check the SMTP box

    I would've warned about the consequences of using lokkit. For those
    that don't know, lokkit is a write-only application. In other words,
    it lacks the ability to read in an existing configuration. If you've
    already used lokkit to make a custom configuration, or if you've edited
    your /etc/sysconfig/iptables manually, running lokkit will wipe your
    existing ruleset.

    --
    Jason Dixon, RHCE
    DixonGroup Consulting