Network Configuration

From: truc nguyen (nguyentruc_us_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 09/27/04

    Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:26:13 -0700 (PDT)
    To: redhat-list@redhat.com

    Hi,

    I installed Red Hat 8.0 on the computer included 2 NIC
    card: one of them is 3Com. After installing, the
    network card did not work. I try to activate 2 network
    card by go to System setting --> Network device
    configuration. But they did not work. I found I did
    not add the modules to system. I modified alias in
    /ect/modules.conf. Then I used insmod to add modules
    3C59X. But it tells me an erro message:
    /usr/lib/2.4.18-14/devices/net/3C59X: no such a file.

    I went to this sub directory. I saw the modules was
    there.

    Then I try to add the second network driver eepro100.
    I met the same problem.

    What problem did I encounter when I attempted to add
    the modules while they are still exist in the system?
    How do I get two network cards activate ?

    Any suggestion would be appreciate.

    TC./