Network Configuration

From: truc nguyen (nguyentruc_us_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 09/27/04

    Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:26:13 -0700 (PDT)
    To: redhat-list@redhat.com

    Hi,

    I installed Red Hat 8.0 on the computer included 2 NIC
    card: one of them is 3Com. After installing, the
    network card did not work. I try to activate 2 network
    card by go to System setting --> Network device
    configuration. But they did not work. I found I did
    not add the modules to system. I modified alias in
    /ect/modules.conf. Then I used insmod to add modules
    3C59X. But it tells me an erro message:
    /usr/lib/2.4.18-14/devices/net/3C59X: no such a file.

    I went to this sub directory. I saw the modules was
    there.

    Then I try to add the second network driver eepro100.
    I met the same problem.

    What problem did I encounter when I attempted to add
    the modules while they are still exist in the system?
    How do I get two network cards activate ?

    Any suggestion would be appreciate.

    TC./

    • Re: Averatec 5500 Trying to set up SuSe 9.2
      ... >> trouble getting a network connection on it. ... > new to Linux, because weird hardware abounds on laptops. ... I did the default install. ... The Windows Network Connections says there is a 1394 network card. ...
      (comp.os.linux.portable)
    • Re: Start again on the newbies networking problem. Re: Need help (of course) setting up network
      ... >Did starting a new thread help? ... You should make all the Windows machines go *through* the Linux machine to ... computer from the network. ... one network card, but it is so insecure that it's not worth the effort. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Multihomed RRAS Configurations
      ... I have Windows 2000 Advanced Server system with two network cards. ... configures to the internal network card not the external network card. ... and DHCP on the server on my internal card. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.ras_routing)
    • Re: Multihomed RRAS Configurations
      ... I have Windows 2000 Advanced Server system with two network cards. ... configures to the internal network card not the external network card. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.ras_routing)
    • Re: Failure to properly join domain?
      ... the disconnection after some time on this machine. ... disconnection from the network, in fact, literally turned off the network ... > I noticed the network card SEND packet count, ... you didn't clearly answer the question about the login script. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)