linux/security/permissions question.. running a perl script

From: bruce (bedouglas_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 10/15/04

    To: "'General Red Hat Linux discussion list'" <redhat-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 13:10:32 -0700

    hi...

    i have an issue where i'm trying to run a perl script without the use of the
    'perl' before the script.

    i'd like to be user 'foo' and be able to '/cat.pl' and have the script run.
    this works ok when i'm 'root'. however, i get a permission err.

    $ ./svncopy.pl
    ./svncopy.pl: permission denied

    i understand that this is a permission prob, but i can't figure out how to
    resolve it.

    'cat.pl' is owned by user 'foo' and has perms of 755
    the dir for 'cat.pl' is owned by user 'foo'...

    any ideas/thoughts on what to do to resolve this....

    thanks...

    -bruce

    • Re: Perl CGI does not generate file.
      ... downloading are in plain text so I thought I would have my HTML pages like ... add this line to the top of your script: ... right permission on directories it needed to go through to get to where it ... One Perl script that I have uploaded to my web server does manage ...
      (comp.lang.perl.misc)
    • Re: fedora apache cgi-perl
      ... I try to run a perl script in my webserver. ... Therefore I put a script in the /var/www/cgi-bin/ directory. ... I have put the 777 permission on it. ... my $q = new CGI; ...
      (Fedora)
    • RE: linux/security/permissions question.. running a perl script
      ... i have an issue where i'm trying to run a perl script without the use of the ... i get a permission err. ... unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: chmod for directories
      ... Turns out that later in the script (I ... permission. ... Shane ... >I'm using the following perl script: ...
      (comp.lang.perl.misc)
    • [NEWS] IBM Informix Web DataBlade Local Root by Design
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... that ease development of "intelligent", interactive, Web-enabled database ... person who has access to change the Perl script. ...
      (Securiteam)