Re: rcp and rlogin

From: Larry D Sorensen (larry.sorensen_at_juno.com)
Date: 12/09/04

    To: redhat-list@redhat.com
    Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 20:41:54 -0700

    Both machines are on the same LAN. There is a switch between them. Both
    boxes were loaded with medium security selected (probably a mistake in
    the secure area.).

    On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 22:54:48 -0300 eketen eketen
    <eketen@consulters.com.ar> writes:
    > Both machins are connect together with a switch , this machines are
    > in the same lan ? is essencial to know what is happening to know all
    > about the network structure.

    • [SLE] Sharing Dial Up Connection
      ... I am kind of new to Linux and have decided to switch my xp machines ... from xp to suse. ... Fyi we have a small 3 pc lan at home and im tired of fixing viruses ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: LAN with MAC and PC
      ... You don't need a file server to share files, ... Why a switch? ... What if the LAN is 2 PC's ... Windows, SUSE 10.1 machines, and has had an OS X iMac. ...
    • Re: What is Ethernet doing when we are sleeping?
      ... > Michel Hostettler wrote: ... being accessed shouldn't show any network activity. ... modem and several machines hooked to a switch/hub. ... switch doesn't report *any* traffic when I'm not using the Net at large ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: What is Ethernet doing when we are sleeping?
      ... > Michel Hostettler wrote: ... being accessed shouldn't show any network activity. ... modem and several machines hooked to a switch/hub. ... switch doesn't report *any* traffic when I'm not using the Net at large ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Saw 10.4.1 Running On a PC Laptop Today
      ... People would no longer differentiate between Macs and PCs and most would just stick with the Windows OS that came with their box. ... Apple would no longer be innovative as it now and eventually be marginalized out of business. ... The fact is, Windows users use Windows NOT because "it works, and that's all that counts", but because it is the ONLY real game in town for Intel machines, and because Apples are JUST TOO EXPENSIVE for the common man and corporations to embrace that paradigm. ... most Windows users would rather switch to OSX than continue to put up with Microsoft's machinations in the computer world. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)