htpasswd

From: Alessandro Viana (alessandro_at_automatos.com)
Date: 12/20/04

    To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:54:31 -0200

    Hi,

       I need use htpasswd in Fedora 2. Somebody know if for use of htpasswd
    is necessary start in the httpd service?

    Thanks!
    Alessandro

    • Re: htpasswd
      ... > I need use htpasswd in Fedora 2. ... I guess so as you should add tag in the httpd config file, so httpd service ... This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MEC E-Mail Scanner, and is believed to be clean. ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: apache2 directory protection
      ... I understand that .htpasswd should reside someplace else and even moved it ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
      (Debian-User)
    • apache authentication problem
      ... i.e. /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf and htpasswd command, ... I did the following setup:- ... I save the httpd.conf and restart the httpd service. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: apache2 directory protection
      ... .htpasswd files in there but am never prompted for login. ... require valid-user ... I understand that .htpasswd should reside someplace else and even ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)
    • RE: htpasswd
      ... Actually htpasswd is the command /executable to create a file which would be having the list of usernames with the password. ... actually it is also used to work in sync with .htaccess file which defines the access levels for the files and the directories and also to have the authentication purpose to resolve that who can access what files. ... unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe ...
      (RedHat)