RE: gzip archives coming up invalid!

From: Chris W. Parker (cparker_at_swatgear.com)
Date: 01/06/05

    Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 14:31:01 -0800
    To: "General Red Hat Linux discussion list" <redhat-list@redhat.com>

    Steve Phillips <mailto:steve@focb.co.nz>
        on Thursday, January 06, 2005 1:11 PM said:

    > As a suggestion, it may pay to modify the script, use ssh shared key
    > authentication and scp for the upload and md5sum the files both
    > before the transfer and after the transfer on the remote system (scp
    > is not really necessary but shared keys allow you to do things like..

    [snip]

    > quite easily to ensure that your files copied ok.)
    >
    > Doing verification on the integrity of the archive before deleting the
    > older versions is usually considered a good thing [tm]

    Excellent idea except the remote machine is Windows and I know almost
    nothing when it comes to writing shell scripts. This "script" was a feat
    in itself.

    Chris.

    • Re: ssh remote command problem;
      ... I am scping from the REMOTE SYSTEM. ... scp command on remote-system. ... (we have many other users so I prefer not to mess with my root ... But it seems to get invked on outgoing scp calls as well. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: ssh remote command problem;
      ... I am scping from the REMOTE SYSTEM. ... scp command on remote-system. ... sugesstion works PERFECTLY! ... (we have many other users so I prefer not to mess with my root ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • SCP:File too large
      ... I am rebuilding one of our machine, and want to make backup of a directory. ... After creating tar-gz of the whole thing, I tried to SCP and get the message ... using NFS, and thenmount it in remote system, and then copy it works, or will ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: Help needed by novice trying to figure out how to use sftp
      ... Now my next task is automation of the sftp. ... sftp uses the same key generation mechanism as ssh. ... You'll then be able to ssh into the remote system ... scp is very flexible and easy to use. ...
      (comp.unix.shell)