Re: US Robotics 56K USB?

From: James Harrison (
Date: 01/14/05

    Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:58:05 -0800 (PST)
    To: Shane Presley <>, General Red Hat Linux discussion list <>

    To find out which serial port your modem is connected to try:

    echo "atz" > /dev/ttyS0 (com 1)
    echo "atz" > /dev/ttyS1 (com 2)

    You should see the lights on the modem flicker slightly with the correct above
    command. Remember which device you got a responce.

    In the /dev directory see if /dev/modem is soft linked to your device.

    Make sure you have the ppp packages installed on your machine.

    The network configuration tool has a method of setting up a modem or just

    Select New and select Modem. Configure the modem and a provider.

    Hope this helps