Re: RHEL3 -> RHEL4

From: Eric Wood (eric_at_interplas.com)
Date: 02/16/05

    To: "General Red Hat Linux discussion list" <redhat-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:17:51 -0500

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Peter Smith"
    > Ed Wilts wrote:
    >>>Does this mean that the RHEL 3 support we are purchasing is transferrable
    >>>to RHEL 4 without further charge?
    >>>

    >>Yes.
    >>
    > Impressive!

    Ummm.... Dell includes their DKMS stuff and other OMSA management tools
    pre-installed unless RH ES 4 relieved some of the duties of Dell suppling
    updates. I'm sure Dell will need a little time and I don't see anything
    written on Dell's site about honoring the support of ver 4 on system it
    shipped with ver. 3.

    -eric wood