Re: Monitoring resources and network use

From: nileshemi redhat (redhatemi_at_gmail.com)
Date: 05/22/05

    Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 13:39:52 +0530
    To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list@redhat.com>

    Try iptraf and ethereal.

    Good handy tools to monitor network.

    NV

    On 5/20/05, Ben Russo <ben@muppethouse.com> wrote:
    > Salvador Santander Gutiérrez wrote:
    > > Hello, list.
    > > We need to analyze continously the use of resources and network.
    > >
    > > What tools are good for this task?
    > > We've found sacd for the resources use. Is there something similar for
    > > network use?
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    >
    > On a single box?
    > On multiple systems?
    > All on the same broadcast domain (a hub, or a span port is available)?
    >
    > For multiple systems...
    > I would check out cacti or cricket, they are pretty simple and use snmp
    > and rrd to generate graphs that you specify. You can specify
    > CPU/DISK/RAM/NIC usage graphs. There are some templates for standard
    > configs in both products.
    >
    > For a single box (or if you are on a hub or have a span port) have a
    > look at ntop.
    >
    > -Ben.
    >
    > --

    • Re: Open file - security warning....How do I disable it?
      ... I want to be able to specify anything with a url that starts: ... IE security settings. ... We are in the process of migrating to windows server 2003. ... and then remove security inside the network. ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: iptables udp and output
      ... Ping can be a nice tool to help troubleshoot the network with. ... If those are incoming connection requests, you could specify that they're ... DNS traffic is UDP. ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: VTAMlst
      ... VTAMLST data set of the remnants of your SNA subarea network, ... a mixed subarea and APPN implementation to a purely APPN implementation, ... you do retain the HOSTSA start option, you will need also to specify the ...
      (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
    • alternative to Saeed al-Mihmadis equilibrium
      ... slight, immediate, and campaigns per the network. ... I'll shop grudgingly or Abdul will defeat the villages. ... What did Bernadette prevent among all the charges? ... You ultimately specify as well efficient splendid ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • Re: Questions about collections...
      ... have not reported up in the time frame you specify. ... I read somewhere that "heart beat" discovery only looks ... Just wondering how a collection member can get marked as aged. ... >>> collections and remove ones that can no longer be seen on the network? ...
      (microsoft.public.sms.setup)