Fedora

From: Tom McCaffrey (tmcca_at_ncmich.edu)
Date: 06/02/05

    To: "RedHat" <redhat-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 07:39:01 -0400

    I have to admit that I'm not really impressed with Fedora Project.
    My first attempt at loading it earned me a million error messages about the heads being less than
    256.. (heads<256) and I managed to get rid of that error by blowing off the partitions that
    Linux had created (using delpart) and instead of booting up on a 98 floppy and fdisking - I just left
    the drive un-partitioned.
    However, my next attempt at loading it resulted in my being told that disk 2 is wrong.. No matter
    which disk I put in or how many times I put disk 2 back in.
    Maybe I should be installing without gui?

    Tom

    dangerous content by NCMC, and is believed to be clean.

    • Problem installing Solaris 10
      ... Each time it fails on disk 3: it starts out loading from CD, ... but after a short while the system hangs. ... No error messages given. ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Re: Ping: John John MVP re: Ccleaner
      ... bootup time between a virgin system, and this now ... loading of that data has to slow things down somewhere. ... Its obvious you don't understand how accessing the Registry works. ... extra disk accesses required to load a bunch of extra DLL files installed by ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Delete directory name that contains special characters
      ... The following error messages are ... Cannot read from source file or disk ... I've tried the DOS command approach too with every conceivable wildcard ... I'm thinking about taking a scratch awl to the sector of my ...
    • In the Year 24,152
      ... I've got four OSs loaded, each in its own partition -- two XP, one Win7 32-bit Ultimate and one Win7 64-bit Ultimate. ... I get an error message saying the ATI control panel wasn't loading and then iTunes wasn't loading and then this wasn't loading and that wasn't loading and Ghost system tray wasn't loading and on and on and on, ... This afternoon I booted and the same thing happened in Win7 32-bit, so I decided to boot into my XP partition where I test software. ... I still got a couple of "can't load" error messages, ...
      (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
    • Re: cannot delete SPAM - http://LongPathTool.com can SPAM it Do you have SPAM SPAM SPAM?
      ... Do you have error messages?, ... Error Deleting File or Folder ... Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is ... The filename or extension is too long. ...
      (comp.databases.oracle.server)