Fedora

From: Tom McCaffrey (tmcca_at_ncmich.edu)
Date: 06/02/05

    To: "RedHat" <redhat-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 07:39:01 -0400

    I have to admit that I'm not really impressed with Fedora Project.
    My first attempt at loading it earned me a million error messages about the heads being less than
    256.. (heads<256) and I managed to get rid of that error by blowing off the partitions that
    Linux had created (using delpart) and instead of booting up on a 98 floppy and fdisking - I just left
    the drive un-partitioned.
    However, my next attempt at loading it resulted in my being told that disk 2 is wrong.. No matter
    which disk I put in or how many times I put disk 2 back in.
    Maybe I should be installing without gui?

    Tom

    dangerous content by NCMC, and is believed to be clean.