samba 2.2.6 file size limit/recovery

From: Christopher L Judd (clj2289_at_garnet.acns.fsu.edu)
Date: 06/24/05

    Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:19:47 -0400 (EDT)
    To: redhat-list@redhat.com

    We have run into a problem with the file size limit on the 2.2.6 version
    our Tru64 5.1 unix server was running. With this version of the samba
    software files larger than 2 GB can not be transfered and retain thier
    integrity. This version also supresses any error message back to the
    client about this limitation. We would like to know if it is possible to
    restore any of the files that were impacted by this problem. Does anyone
    know of a restore procedure?

    Thanks,
    Chris Judd