Re: Re: RHEL without License?

From: Rik Herrin (rikherrin_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 07/13/05

    Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:20:41 -0700 (PDT)
    To: redhat-list@redhat.com

    Ugo,
      I know that one of the RHEL clones might be better
    in this situation. But I am asking because when I
    come to propose RHEL to clients, they sometimes ask
    what their situation would be legally if after a year
    or two, they wanted to keep their systems running but
    without paying support. Would they be forced to shut
    down these systems (I think this is the case with
    Windows Server which is probably why they are asking
    since they don't want to be in the same trap)? Or
    could they continue running them and just not get
    updates from RHN? Thanks for your input.

    > Rik Herrin wrote:
    > > Thanks a lot for your reply Ian. But it there any
    > > documentation or anything documenting that you can
    do
    > > so? Also, in reference to the question of
    downloading
    > > the ISOs for free (30 day trial) and then
    continuing
    > > to use them after the 30 day trial period without
    > > paying, is this legal? Thanks for your time.
    >
    > Aren't you better off using a clone like CentOS then
    and give a few
    > bucks here and there?

    • Re: ext3 trouble
      ... When you do not have documentation --- it is much much harder. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Re: RHEL without License?
      ... documentation or anything documenting that you can do ... > I'm the Red Hat Business Manager at one of Red Hat's ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
      (RedHat)
    • Need documentation on HPGETHOSTNAME
      ... Doe anyone have any documentation on the HPGETHOSTNAME intrinsic, ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ... * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * ...
      (comp.sys.hp.mpe)
    • redirecting : fetchyahoo to thunderbird + colorful console
      ... documentation lately.... ... it would be very nice to have my webmail account ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
      (Debian-User)